This program is open to IYI 200 Hr. & IYI 301 graduates – now that the foundation is laid, we can really take The Rocket® to the next dimension. Join us in Tenerife for 10 days of Rocket bliss – soak in the sun and light and let it energize your year!
With the main ingredients of the It’s Yoga System® having been firmly established, participants are prepared for “take off!”
- Breathing and Tempo Inside Transitions
- Bandhas for Real
- Drishti to advance Asanas Spinal Integrity and Stacking Principles Abdominal strength and control Practice drills
- Sequencing the Rocket® by days of the week
- The It’s Yoga System®
- Selections from the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Philosophy and History of the Rocket
The Mechanics of Flight
- Weight transfer into the hands
- Floating with control
- Inversions and handstands from standing postures
- Arm balances and inversions from seated postures
- Creating fluid movement throughout your practice
- Slowing down the Rocket – Yin Yoga
ARM BALANCING ASANAS FROM ROCKET® *we will explore all 142 poses in the It’s Yoga System
- Mukta Hasta Sirsasana
- Pincha Mayurasana
- Adho Mukha Vrksasana
- Eka Pada Bakasana
- Eka Pada Raja Kapotasana
Certifications and Registrations
- After the second 100 Hr. Module of our 300 Hr. Program (IY1 302 Rocket Take Off), you are welcome to register at 200 Hr. Level on itsyoga.com and become a 300 Hr. Member.
- Yoga Alliance RYT500 – people who are registered with Yoga Alliance as RYT200 and complete 300 additional hours with It’s Yoga International (IY1 301, 302 & 501 Programs), are welcome to register directly with the Yoga Alliance at that level RYT500.
- IY1300 – when you complete 300 hours of training with Its Yoga International, you can register at the IY1300 Rocket Instructor’s Designation. Visit www.itsyoga.com for more information on our memberships, designations and certifications. An It’s YogaR International Trained Rocket® Instructor who is registered with It’s Yoga International is encouraged & supported as they lead It’s Yoga/ Rocket Classes in their communities around the world.
Routines You Will Be Certified to Teach: Sun Salutations, Full Primary Series, Modified Primary Series, Modified & Full Rocket 1, Modified & Full Rocket 2, Intro to Rocket 3, Yin/Restorative Rocket.
Personal Development – clarity on direction, purpose and life coaching tools that will support an empowered and inspired life on and off the mat.
“Practice what you teach, teach what you practice.” – Larry Schultz – create consistency and learn how to practice effectively and consciously.
100% Commitment to the program. This program is only open to IY1200 hour graduates and IY1301 graduates.
Who is the training for?
We designed these training to support yoga instructors who are interested in taking their practice and teaching into the realm of personal and professional excellence! Laying a strong foundation in The Rocket and learning the tools and techniques of the It’s Yoga® System are sure to support transformation, on, and off the mat!
Schedule of a typical day of training
8:00 am – 9:30 am Practice
9:30 am – 10:30 am Breakfast
10:30 am – 1:00 pm Circle
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm Lunch & free time
4:00 pm – 6:00 pm Circle
6:00 pm – 7:30 pm Practice
The weather is perfect for advancement of your yoga practice on and off the mat. The Rocket is sure to get you there faster, and the It's Yoga System ensures it is safe, effective and authentic. Join the IYI Family on a journey of a lifetime.
Puerto Escondido is on the pacific coast of southern Mexico in the state of Oaxaca.
It is a beach paradise known for its excellent surf. It’s a very safe place.
About the Location
Casa Naia - https://casanaia.com/
The location is perfect for a Yoga Experience. The house is on the beach, has a pool, a beautiful yoga space, fire pit, meditation circle spot and much more. Meals and shared accommodations are included in the price of the event. Weather is beautiful and the food is fantastic. The instruction will be authentic, loving and transformational.
Telephone Number: +52.954.588.4106
Puerto Escondido International Airport (PXM) is a quick 45 minute flight from Mexico City.
It is usually cheaper to get your flights to Mexico City, and then get your flights to Puerto Escondido separately.
The following airlines serve Puerto Escondido from Mexico City:
- Interjet: Interjet
- Aeromar: Aeromar
- Vivaaerobus*: Vivaerobus
* Vivaaerobus is a low cost airline. You can get flights for around $100 roundtrip.
It is also possible to fly directly to Huatulco International Airport (HUX) (approximately 1.5 hour drive to Puerto Escondido) from many U.S. and Canada cities, via Houston on United and from Minneapolis on Sun Country, and from Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary on sunWing, West Jet and Air Canada.
You can also fly from Mexico City to Huatulco with Interjet, Aeromar, and Vivaerobus.
You will have plenty of opportunities to enjoy a truly unique setting.
What to bring?
Your yoga mat
Please bring your mat with you.
Please bring yoga clothes since we are having two yoga practices a day. Puerto Escondido is quite hot, so make sure your clothes are light and breathable.
Our lovely house has a beautiful infinity pool.
Additionally, there are several beautiful beaches in Puerto Escondido, the closest one to our house is Carrizalillo, which is within walking distance.
Eco Friendly Sunscreen
Please be aware that the sun in Puerto Escondido is really strong, we recommend wearing sunscreen everyday.
Eco Friendly Bug repellent
There are a lot of mosquitoes in the area, we recommend using some repellent to avoid being bitten.
If you have any, bring them! There’s a couple of beautiful bays close to the house where you can swim and see many types of fish.
Regular beach attire
Shorts, t-shirts, tank tops, flip flops, hats, etc...
Shampoo and toiletries
Soap and towels will be available, but please bring anything else you might need.