This training is designed for those who are certified in another system and have been offering yoga in their community and want to learn to practice and teach the It’s Yoga System via The Rocket® Routines.
Join It’s Yoga International, and learn the tools, techniques, mechanics, routines, transitions, and methods that bring so much joy and lightness to students’ yoga practices worldwide – to fly, on and off the mat.
During the IYI 301: Rocket® Foundations Course, we will look at the main ingredients of a consciously inspired yoga practice, where you learn and experience first hand the more subtle aspects of yoga practice. We will build upon and encourage all to take your practice to the next level.
The Rocket®, get’s you there faster!
- History of Ashtanga Yoga: Learn about the lineage and philosophy of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga beginning with T. Krishnamachayra, Sri Pattabhi Jois, B.K.S Iyengar, and Larry Schultz. Explore the Yoga Sutras: The Eight Limbs of Patanjali. Eastern practice for Modern, Western Practitioners.
- Theory and Practice: Deepen your understanding of Pranayama, Ujjayi breath, Sun Salutations, and experience The It’s Yoga® System and interpretation of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga. Breathing within Ashtanga/Rocket Sequences, Tempo and Clarity.
- Chanting: learn and practice, confidence in voice.
- Discover your Purpose for practicing & sharing Yoga.
- Routines of the It’s Yoga System: experience the 6 routines that have supported 1000s of yoga practitioners to “get there faster!”
- Chakras, Naulis, and Bandhas, Drishti: Yoga as an Energetic System: Names, functions, locations and importance.
- Instructor’s Development: Understand the principles of being a Yoga practitioner/instructor’s etiquette/responsibility in the classroom. Develop a personal teaching philosophy. Business practices.
- Participate: Engage yourself as you learn, practice, observe, assist, and lead classes as well as develop your personal teaching philosophy.
Certification and Registrations
Directly after your first 100 Hr. Module in the IYI 300 Hr., you are welcome to register at 100 Hrs on itsyoga.com and become a 300 Hr. Member
Routines You Will Be Certified to Teach: Sun Salutations, Full Primary Series, Modified Primary Series, Modified Rocket 1, Rocket 1.
Personal Development – clarity on direction, purpose and life coaching tools that will support an empowered and inspired life on and off the mat.
Yoga Alliance RYT500 – people who are registered with Yoga Alliance as RYT200 and complete 300 additional hours with It’s Yoga International (IYI 301, 302 & 501 Programs), are welcome to register directly with the Yoga Alliance at that level RYT500).
100% Commitment to the program. A 200 hour Yoga Alliance certificate is required to sign up for this course.
IYI300 – when you complete 300 hours of training with Its Yoga International, you can register at the IYI300 Rocket Instructors Designation. An It’s Yoga International Trained Rocket Instructor who is registered with It’s Yoga International is encouraged & supported as they lead It’s Yoga/ Rocket Classes in their communities around the world.
Who is the training for?
Those who are looking for a Yoga Alliance registered 300 Hr. Program that will support yoga instructors that are interested in taking their practice and teaching into the realm of personal and professional excellence! Laying a strong foundation in The Rocket® and learning the tools and techniques of the It’s Yoga® System are proven, safe & effective in facilitating transformation, on, and off the mat!
Schedule of a typical day of training
8:00 am – 9:30 am Practice
9:30 am – 10:30 am Breakfast
10:30 am – 1:00 pm Circle
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm Lunch & free time
4:00 pm – 6:00 pm Circle
6:00 pm – 7:30 pm Practice
The weather is perfect for advancement of your yoga practice on and off the mat. The Rocket is sure to get you there faster, and the It's Yoga System ensures it is safe, effective and authentic. Join the IYI Family on a journey of a lifetime.
Puerto Escondido is on the pacific coast of southern Mexico in the state of Oaxaca.
It is a beach paradise known for its excellent surf. It’s a very safe place.
About the Location
Casa Naia - https://casanaia.com/
The location is perfect for a Yoga Experience. The house is on the beach, has a pool, a beautiful yoga space, fire pit, meditation circle spot and much more. Meals and shared accommodations are included in the price of the event. Weather is beautiful and the food is fantastic. The instruction will be authentic, loving and transformational.
Telephone Number: +52.954.588.4106
Puerto Escondido International Airport (PXM) is a quick 45 minute flight from Mexico City.
It is usually cheaper to get your flights to Mexico City, and then get your flights to Puerto Escondido separately.
The following airlines serve Puerto Escondido from Mexico City:
- Interjet: Interjet
- Aeromar: Aeromar
- Vivaaerobus*: Vivaerobus
* Vivaaerobus is a low cost airline. You can get flights for around $100 roundtrip.
It is also possible to fly directly to Huatulco International Airport (HUX) (approximately 1.5 hour drive to Puerto Escondido) from many U.S. and Canada cities, via Houston on United and from Minneapolis on Sun Country, and from Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary on sunWing, West Jet and Air Canada.
You can also fly from Mexico City to Huatulco with Interjet, Aeromar, and Vivaerobus.
You will have plenty of opportunities to enjoy a truly unique setting.
What to bring?
Your yoga mat
Please bring your mat with you.
Please bring yoga clothes since we are having two yoga practices a day. Puerto Escondido is quite hot, so make sure your clothes are light and breathable.
Our lovely house has a beautiful infinity pool.
Additionally, there are several beautiful beaches in Puerto Escondido, the closest one to our house is Carrizalillo, which is within walking distance.
Eco Friendly Sunscreen
Please be aware that the sun in Puerto Escondido is really strong, we recommend wearing sunscreen everyday.
Eco Friendly Bug repellent
There are a lot of mosquitoes in the area, we recommend using some repellent to avoid being bitten.
If you have any, bring them! There’s a couple of beautiful bays close to the house where you can swim and see many types of fish.
Regular beach attire
Shorts, t-shirts, tank tops, flip flops, hats, etc...
Shampoo and toiletries
Soap and towels will be available, but please bring anything else you might need.