“Quiet Your Inner Critic and Wake Up Your Inner Teacher”
– Larry Schultz
The It’s Yoga Teacher Training Program is a practical training designed to make you a confident and effective Ashtanga Yoga Instructor – for all levels of students.
The purpose of this program is to be supportive, so that you can learn and integrate the main ingredients of the It’s Yoga System of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, in order to have confidence, independence and freedom to share the practice with others
THIS TRAINING IS OPEN TO YOGA INSTRUCTORS WHO HAVE 200 HR. CERTIFICATION IN ANOTHER SYSTEM AND WANT TO BECOME ROCKET INSTRUCTORS
IYI 301 – Rocket Foundations – Learning to Fly, On and Off the Mat
- Pattabhi Jois – Philosophy
- Larry Schultz
- T.Krishnamachayra , B.K.S Iyengar
- Yoga Sutras: The Eight Limbs of Patanjali
- History of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
- Theory and Practice
- Ujjayi Breath
- Theory and Practice
- Working with the breath in Ashtanga sequences
- Suryanamaskara A – Theory and Practice
- Suryanamaskara B – Theory and Practice
- Teaching Suryanamaskara A and B
- Name and locate muscles, bones and joints
- Spinal Integrity
- Functional Movement
IT’S YOGA SYSTEM
- Full Primary Series
- Modified Primary Series
- Mixed Levels (Rocket 1)
- Modified Intermediate Series (Rocket 2)
- Minimum Daily Requirement
- Names – Sanskrit and English
- Standing, seated and finishing asanas of the Primary
- Series – Detailed breakdown of the poses
- Practice and benefits of the asanas
- Guiding others – Verbal and hands-on adjustments
CHAKRAS / NAULIS / BANDHAS
- Names and function
- Location and importance
- Naulis – Theory and Practice Bandhas – Theory and Practice
- Yoga as an Energetic System
BECOMING A TEACHER
- Principles of Teaching Etiquette/Responsibility in the classroom
- Finding your own voice as a Teacher
- Developing a Personal Teaching Philosophy
- Marketing yourself as a Teacher
Teach a Class
You will be assigned to teach a one-on-one beginner class at the school.
You will be assigned to assist classes being taught by senior instructors. You will be required to give physical adjustments and answer questions at the beginning and end of class.
You are required to attend classes taught by other teachers and observe their teaching style.
Statement of teaching philosophy
Compose a short statement of the principles which you intend to uphold as you teach the Ashtanga Yoga system.
Complete written assignments
Personal Essay – Your own experience of yoga.
Keep a journal/practice log.
Two short quizzes which include memorization of all of the Sanskrit names for the asanas and a final written essay test.
IYI 302 – Rocket Take Off
The IYI 302 Course, Rocket Take Off, is offered to those who have laid the foundation of the Rocket® by graduation of the IYI 200 Hr. Teacher Training and/or the IYI 301 Rocket Foundations Course. Once the main ingredients of the It’s Yoga System have been firmly established, participants are prepared for “take off!” Learn the mechanics, routines, transitions, and methods that have advanced students worldwide to fly, on and off the mat.
The course is offered in a 10 Day format, with one day of rest. 100 Hrs. are granted towards the IYI 300 Hr./500 Hr. Registrations. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We welcome the opportunity to support you on your journey.
- Breathing and Tempo inside Transitions
- Bandhas for Real
- Drishti to advance Asanas
- Spinal Integrity and Stacking Principles
- Abdominal strength and control
- Practice drills
- Sequencing the Rocket® by days of the week – The It’s Yoga System
- Selections from the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Philosophy and History of the Rocket®
Mechanics of Flight
- Weight transfer into the hands
- Floating with control
- Inversions and handstands from standing postures
- Arm balances and inversions from seated postures
- Creating fluid movement throughout your practice
- Slowing down the Rocket – Yin Yoga Introduction
Asanas of The Rocket®
Mukta Hasta Sirsasana
Adho Mukha Vrksasana
Eka Pada Bakasana
Eka Pada Raja Kapotasana
- Learn Sanskrit names of all 140 Postures of the It’s Yoga System
- Scripting Rocket Transitions
- Written Essays
- Practice Teaching/Journalling
- History of Ashtanga in the West
“The It’s Yoga Teacher Training Program is a solid start to developing a personal practice and an effective teaching style.”
– Mara Guadagni, It’s Yoga Trainer
All It’s Yoga International Trainings are designed to invite practitioners to explore their understanding of the main ingredients of the Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga System of Yoga, through a modern perspective.
All instructors of the It’s Yoga Programs have demonstrated their commitment to practice and training, and are registered as E-RYT 200 with the Yoga Alliance. Our trainers teach what they practice, and practice what they teach. It’s Yoga International maintains standards and continuing education for our Trainers and is the only place that holds the official It’s Yoga Legacy since 1989. We are honored and privileged to share the the love of the practice.
Email email@example.com for more information or to request an application to become a Trainer with It’s Yoga International.